Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. Did Phillip have a busy morning yesterday?
2. Did he get up at the usual time?
3. What time did he get up?
4. What times does he usually get up?
5. Why did he get up earlier than usual?
6. Why did Nancy have to leave home early?
7. How far was the client from their home?
8. What time did Nancy leave home?
9. Who prepared breakfast for Phillip?
10. Who usually makes breakfast?
11. Was yesterday an exception?
12. What did Phillip do before the children got up?
13. What did he prepare for breakfast for his children?
14. What time did he leave home?
15. Did he leave home alone?
16. Who did he leave home with?
17. Why did he leave home with his children?
18. What time did he get to the office?
19. Did he have any meetings during the morning?
20. How many meetings did he have?
21. Was the first meeting at 9:30?
22. What time was the first meeting?
23. Was the meeting with a salesman?
24. Who was the first meeting with?
25. Did they discuss a problem?
26. What was the problem?
27. Did they make a final decision during the meeting?
28. What did they decide to do?
29. What time was his second meeting?
30. Who did Phillip receive?
31. How much money did the man need?
32. What did he need die money for?
33. What can you say about the ceramic factory?
34. What was Phillip’s relationship with the man?
35. Who did Phillip meet with ax 12:00 o’clock?
36. What did they discuss?
37. Who long did the meeting last?
38. What time did Phillip go to lunch?
39. Who did he have lunch with?
40. Where did they have lunch?
Yesterday, Phillip Johnson had a busy morning. Usually he gets up at 7:30 every morning, but yesterday he got up at 7:00 because his wife, Nancy, had to leave home very early to take a report to a client of hers 70 miles from Lincoln. Nancy left home at 7:25 and Phillip made breakfast for himself and for the children. Usually Nancy makes breakfast for all three, but yesterday was an exception. Phillip took a shower and had breakfast before the children got up. He prepared fried eggs and toast for Michael and Denise and at 8:30 he took them to school. He got to the office at ten minutes past nine. He had three meetings during the morning. The first one was at 10:00 o’clock with the bank’s lawyer. They discussed a problem with an important client who wanted to suspend payments on a loan. They decided to wait until the meeting of the bank’s board of directors to make a final decision. At 11:30, he received the owner of a ceramic factory near Lincoln. The man needed $500,000 to add a new building to his factory. The ceramic factory was one the best in Nebraska and Phillip knew the man very well and trusted him. At 12:00, Phillip met with the chief commercial officer of the bank to discuss a salary question concerning one of the employees in the commercial department. He went to lunch with the chief commercial officer at 12:30. They had lunch in a small restaurant near the office.