Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. What city did Nigel fly to last week?
2. Who did he go with?
3. Who did they go to Monte Carlo to visit?
4. How often do they fly to Monte Carlo?
5. In what period of the year do they go there?
6. Why don’t they go there in the summer?
7. What airport did they leave from?
8. Did they drive to the airport or take a taxi?
9. What day did they fly to Monte Carlo?
10. Where did they leave their car?
11. What kind of reservations did they have on the flight?
12. Did the plane leave late or on time?
13. What time did it leave?
14. Did it get to Monte Carlo early or late?
15. What time did the flight arrive?
16. Who met them at the airport? (nobody)
17. Were they expecting to meet Ronny at the airport?
18. Did they catch a bus or a taxi?
19. Did they go to Ronny’s office or to his apartment?
20. Where was the apartment?
21. Was Ronny at home when they got there’7
22. What was their reaction to this?
23. Did they go up to the apartment?
24. Why didn’t they go up to the apartment?
25. What did they do?
26. How much time did they spend looking at the shops?
27. What did they do then?
28. Was Ronny there the second time?
29. How was the weather that day in Monte Carlo’*
30. What was Margaret’s problem?
31. Where did they decide to go?
32. How far was the bookshop from Ronny’s apartment?
33. How do Nigel and Margaret feel about bookshops?
34. What did Nigel ask permission to do in the bookshop?
35. What telephone number did he call?
36. Where was Ronny?
37. Who was he in a meeting with?
38. What did he tell Nigel concerning the porter?
39. What did Nigel and his wife do after talking to Ronny ?
40. When did Ronny get heme?
Last week, Nigel Perkins flew to Monte Carlo with his wife to visit their son, Ronny. Nigel and his wife go to Monte Carlo two or three times every year between November and March because Ronny is too busy the other half of the year to be with them. They drove to Gatwick Airport on Wednesday morning and left the car at the airport parking lot. They had first class reservations for the two-hour flight. The plane left Gatwick on time at 11:15 and got to Monte Carlo ten minutes early, at five minutes past one. Nigel and his wife weren’t expecting to meet Ronny at the airport, so they caught a taxi and went to his apartment near the port. They were surprised to find that their son wasn’t at home. Nigel didn’t have a key to the apartment, so he and his wife spent some time looking at the shop windows along the street After 20 minutes, they went back to the apartment building and tried again. Ronny still wasn’t there. The temperature was around 15 degrees and Nigel’s wife felt a little cold. They decided to go to a small bookshop about 300 meters from Ronny’s apartment building. Nigel likes to spend time in bookshops, but his wife, Margaret, doesn’t, so Nigel asked permission to use the telephone and called Ronny’s mobile number. Ronny was in a meeting with a tour operator not far from the bookshop. He said he was sorry and told Nigel that the porter in his apartment building had a key to his apartment. Nigel and Margaret walked back to the building, called the porter, and asked for the key. Ronny arrived two hours later.