Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. When was Denise nervous?
2. Where was she when she became nervous?
3. Was the class before or after school?
4. Was she alone or was she with the other students?
5. Who did the teacher tell them was coming?
6. Where was this woman from?
7. What was she going to give the students?
8. When was she going to give die exam?
9. How often was the exam ?
10. Did all the girls have to take the exam?
11. Which girls had to take the exam?
12. Was this the first or the second exam?
13. What did they become if they passed the exam9
14. What category did they start in?
15. What did the teacher tell them to tell their parents?
16. Did Denise want to take the exam?
17. Why didn’t she want to take it?
18. When did she tell her mother about the exam?
19. Did she want to become a member of the Academy?
20. Why didn’t she want to become a member?
21. What did the teacher think about Denise’s potential?
22. Did Nancy tell her she had good technique or style?
23. Did she tell her that the exam was easy or difficult?
24. Did this convince Denise to take the exam?
25. Where did Nancy take Denise?
26. When did she take her to the shop?
27. What did they buy?
28. What was Denise’s opinion of the ballet shoes?
29. What did she decide to do?
30. What did Nancy know about her daughter?
Last Monday, Denise Johnson was nervous. She was in her ballet class after school and the teacher told her and the other students that a woman was coming to give them an examination on Thursday. The woman was from the American Academy of Dance. The exam was every year for all the girls who wanted to continue with ballet under the supervision of the Academy. If they passed this first exam, then they became members of the Academy and started officially in the category of elementary one. The teacher told the students to go home and tell their parents that the exam cost 15 dollars and the membership 10 dollars a year. Denise didn’t like to take examinations. She always got very nervous when she had to take a test or an exam. That night, she told her mother about the exam and the Academy. She also told her that she didn’t want to become a member because she didn’t like to take exams. Nancy told Denise that the teacher thought she had a lot of potential. She told her that she had good technique and that the exam was probably very easy. Denise still didn’t want to take the exam. The next day, after school, Nancy took her daughter to the best shop in Lincoln for ballet shoes. They bought a pair of beautiful shoes and other things. Denise liked the shoes so much that she decided to take the exam. Nancy knew that Denise only needed a little persuasion in a special way.