Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. What was Michael last Saturday?
2. Were they playing in the state or regional finals?
3. Did his team win easily or with difficulty?
4. What was the final score?
5. Which team was the favorite to win the game?
6. Did Michael set one or two records?
7. What two records did Michael set?
8. Did he score more or less than 30 points?
9. How many points did he score?
10. Did he score more points in the first or second half?
11. How many points did he score in the first half?
12. How many points did he score in the second half?
13. Was there a press photographer at the game?
14. What was in the Lincoln newspaper the next day?
15. What happened at the beginning of the second half?
16. How many of his points were freethrows?
17. Did Michael read the article in the newspaper?
18. What did he start to receive from his friends?
19. Did he receive a call from a basketball coach?
20. Where was the basketball coach from?
21. What game was the coach going to watch?
22. Was the next game against another Lincoln school?
23. What team was the next game against?
24. What did the coach tell Michael about the Buffaloes?
25. Did Michael become worried about the Buffaloes?
26. What did he know about the Buffaloes?
27. How did he plan to play the game against them?
28. What was he sure about?
29. What was his father’s opinion about this?
30. What did his mother tell him that he needed to do?
Last Saturday, Michael Johnson was the star of his basketball team. They were playing in the regional finals. His team won the game easily. The final score was 67 to 42. The other team was the favorite to win the game, but Michael set a team record and a record for the state of Nebraska. He scored 41 points during the game, 16 points in the first half and 25 points in the second half. The next day his picture was in the Lincoln newspaper, with a long article about the game. Michael made seven baskets in the first three minutes of the second half and only two of his points during the game were freethrows. The next day, after Michael read the article, he started to receive phone calls from some of his friends. He also received a phone call from the basketball coach at the high school that he was going to attend next year. The coach told Michael that he was going to watch the next game between Michael’s school and the Omaha Buffaloes. The coach told Michael that the Buffaloes were the best basketball team in Nebraska at the middle school level. Michael wasn’t worried. He knew that the Buffaloes were not a good defensive team. Michael planned to play the same way as in the last game. He was sure that with a little luck his team was going to win. His father agreed with him, but his mother told him that he needed to concentrate more on his studies and less on basketball.