Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. Has this been an easy week for Nigel?
2. What kind of week has this one been for him?
3. Has he had to work more or less than usual?
4. What has his company discovered?
5. What kind of company contacted Nigel’s firm?
6. How long ago did they contact his firm?
7. What did they want Nigel’s firm to investigate?
8. How old was the man who had died 6 months before?
9. Was he married or single when he died?
10. Was his wife the same age as him?
11. How old was she when her husband died?
12. What was her profession before getting married?
13. How much money did she receive when he died?
14. Who did she receive the money from?
15. How did her husband die?
16. Did Nigel’s company investigate his death?
17. Did the insurance company suspect something?
18. Did Nigel’s company find anything suspicious?
19. What did they discover that the woman had bought?
20. Did she buy a large or small amount of this medicine?
21. What kind of people usually buy this medicine?
22. This medicine is the worst for what kind of people?
23. Did the woman’s husband suffer hemophilia?
24. Did the man probably have a circulation problem?
25. Did Nigel know the man personally?
26. What was his relationship with the man?
27. Did Nigel help personally in the investigation?
28. Why did he help personally?
Nigel Perkins: This week has been a busy one for Nigel. He’s had to work more than usual because his company has discovered some very important evidence. Two months ago, a large life insurance company asked Nigel’s firm to investigate an unusual case. A 62 year-old man had died six months before and his 32 year-old wife, an ex model, had received seven million dollars from the insurance company. The man died of a heart attack. During the investigation, Nigel’s company discovered that the woman had bought a large amount of medicine for people who suffer hemophilia. It is the worst kind of medicine for people who have bad blood circulation. Nigel was a good friend of the man who had died. He felt that it was his obligation to help personally in the investigation.