Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. Has Li Tong just finished work?
2. What has he just finished?
3. Where is he going now?
4. How far is the English academy from Li’s house?
5. How long did it take Li to get there?
6. How did he go there?
7. When he got there, where was he sent?
8. How many students were there in the room when Li got there?
9. What were they doing?
10. Did Li sit at the front or at the back of the room?
11. What did he sit next to?
12. What could he sec through the window?
13. What means of transportation were most of the people using?
14. Who came into the room while Li was looking out the window?
15. What was he earning with him?
16. Where did he put the books?
17. Where was the desk located?
18. What did the teacher do after putting the books on the desk?
19. Did Li understand what the teacher wrote on the blackboard?
20. Why not?
21. What did the teacher’s name look like to Li?
22. Why did the teacher point to himself?
23. What did Li assume the teacher was saying?
24. What did the teacher’s name sound like to Li?
25. Who did the teacher point at after that?
26. How did the first student react?
27. What did the student behind the first one do?
28. How did the first student respond after the other student whispered something to him?
29. What did the teacher make the first student do after he said «Han»?
30. How did Li feel when the teacher started asking questions?
31. Why did he feel nervous?
32. What did Li do as the different students answered the teacher?
33. What did Li do when it was his turn?
34. How did the teacher react after Li answered the question?
35. Where did the teacher go after Li answered the question?
36. What did Li realize at that moment?
Li Tong has just finished his very first English class. He’s on his way home now. The language academy where he’s just taken his class is located about a kilometer from his house. It took Li about 10 minutes to get there on his bike. When he got to the academy, he was sent to room 11, where there were seven other students waiting for the teacher to arrive. Li sat at the back of the room next to a large window. Outside he could see a lot of people coming and going, most of them on bicycles. At that moment, the teacher came into the room carrying a lot of books. He put them on a small desk in front of the class and then wrote his name on the board. Li didn’t know what the teacher was writing because he didn’t know the English or Latin alphabet. It looked like strange symbols to him. Then the teacher turned to face the class and said something, pointing to himself. Li assumed that the teacher was saying his name. It sounded like he was saying «pita». Then the teacher pointed at different students and said something that Li didn’t understand. The first student just looked at the teacher, without saying anything. The student behind the first one whispered something to him, after which the first student said his name, «Han”. Then the teacher made the first student say some strange sounds finishing with the name «Han». Li felt a little nervous because he knew the teacher was going to ask him the same question. He listened carefully to the other students as they answered the teacher with the same strange sounds, followed by their names. When it was Li’s turn, he repeated the sounds, finishing with «Li». The teacher seemed satisfied, said something strange again, and went back to the blackboard. Li realized that he had just said his first sentence in English.