Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. Where is Phillip Johnson right now?
2. Who is he thinking about?
3. What is his wife doing right now?
4. What did Nancy tell him about earlier?
5. When did they have this conversation?
6. Is he worried about Robert Redford?
7. How old must the guy be by now?
8. What do people say about Robert Redford’s looks?
9. What is Phillip worried about if Nancy does a good job on Redford’s home?
10. Who owns a lot of homes in Aspen, Colorado?
11. What can he imagine Nancy getting involved in?
12. Does he see an opportunity in it?
13. What’s Phillip’s position in the bank?
14. Is he a member of the Board?
15. What can’t he do in many cases?
16. Does he feel he’s a real decision-maker?
17. What does he feel like sometimes?
18. Where does he hate going?
19. Why does he hate going to Omaha?
20. Where does he think he may be able to find a job?
21. What can you say about the size of Aspen?
22. When are there more people in Aspen?
23. When is the population of Aspen at its highest?
24. What do these people need in Phillip’s opinion?
25. Where does he think he could probably get a job?
26. Where does he think he could get an even better job?
27. How far is it from Denver to Aspen?
28. Why does Phillip think Denver would be a good place for Michael?
29. Is Phillip thinking rationally or counting his chickens before they hatch?
30. What has he decided to say to Nancy?
Phillip Johnson is lying in bed thinking about Robert Redford. His wife, Nancy, is still in die kitchen, washing dishes. Half an hour ago, Nancy told him about the offer from Eddie Campbell to decorate Robert Redford’s home in Aspen, Colorado. He’s not worried about Robert Redford. The guy must be around 65 by now and besides, he heard that up close Robert Redford is not that handsome. What worries him, however, is that if Nancy does a good job on Redford’s home, she’ll probably start getting other offers of a similar type. A lot of Hollywood stars own homes in Aspen and Phillip could imagine Nancy getting involved in a lot of work up there. On the other hand, it might be a good opportunity for him too. Even though he’s the general manager of the Lincoln Bank, he’s not a member of the Board of Directors. In many cases he doesn’t have the final decision. Sometimes he feels more like a glorified employee than a real decision-maker. And besides, he hates having to travel to Omaha all the time. The bank has several difficult clients there and Phillip always has to argue with them about payments. He may be able to find a job in a bank in Aspen. The town is quite big. In high season, there must be at least 50,000 people living there and they need bank accounts like everybody else. He could probably get a good job in a local bank or maybe he could get an even better job in a Denver bank. Denver is only two hours from Aspen and maybe Nancy could work out of Denver instead of living in Aspen. Denver would also be a good city for Michael. Basketball in Colorado is even more competitive than in Nebraska. Maybe he’s counting his chickens before they hatch. In any case, he’ll tell Nancy that he supports her one-hundred percent.