Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. How old is Nigel Perkins?
2. Is he American?
3. What nationality is he?
4. Does he live in France?
5. What country does he live in?
6. Does he live in London?
7. Does he live north or south of London ‘
8. How far north from London does he live?
9. Does he live near or far from the motorway?
10. Which motorway does he live near?
11. Does he live in an apartment or on a country estate?
12. Is he married or single?
13. Who is he married to?
14. How many children does he have?
15. What’s his son’s name?
16. Does Nigel work for a company or own a company?
17. What kind of people does his company investigate?
18. Is Nigel’s company famous?
19. Does it have many clients?
20. Are the majority of its clients from the U.K.?
21. Where does it have clients outside of the U.K.?
22. Does Nigel go to the office every day?
23. How often does he go to the office?
24. Is the office near his estate?
25. Where is it?
26. Does Nigel have a good team of managers?
27. How do they run the company?
28. What does Nigel do when he doesn’t go to his office?
29. Is his estate big?
30. How many square meters does it cover?
31. Does Nigel need gardeners for his estate?
32. How many gardeners does he need?
33. Do the gardeners work part-time or full-time?
34. Does Nigel want to start a new company in the U.S.?
35. Does he want to write?
36. What does he want to write?
37. What does he want to write a book about?
38. What does he think about one or two investigations?
39. What does Ronny think about this?
40. How does Nigel react to Ronny’s opinion?
41. Does Ronny live with his parents?
42. Where does he live?
43. Does he work in a bank?
44. What does he own?
45. What does the company rent?
46. Where do the yachts go from Monte Carlo?
47. Does Ronny make a lot of money?
48. What part of the year does he make the money?
49. Does he make a lot of money in the winter?
50. How does he get money in the winter?
Nigel Perkins is 55 years old. He’s English and lives in a country estate 35 miles north of London near the M-1 motorway. He’s married to Margaret Perkins and has one son, Ronny. Nigel owns a company that investigates suspicious people who receive big payments from insurance companies. His company is very famous in the United Kingdom and it has a lot of important clients. It even has some clients in France and in the United States. Nigel doesn’t work every day. He goes to the office in the center of London two or three times a week. He has a good team of managers who run the company very well. On the days that Nigel doesn’t go to London, he likes to spend his time reading and taking care of his garden. His estate is big. It covers almost 30,000 square meters. Nigel has three full-time gardeners to help him to take care of the estate. Nigel wants to write a book about some of the interesting investigations from his company’s past. He thinks that one or two of the investigations are good material for a novel or even for a suspense movie. His son, Ronny, thinks he’s crazy, but Nigel doesn’t pay any attention to his son. Ronny spends his time on the French Riviera, where he owns a small company that rents yachts for short cruises between Monte Carlo and the Balearic Islands. He makes a lot of money in the summer and asks his father for money in the winter.