Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. What is Ronny Perkins concerned about?
2. What did he acquire three months ago?
3. Who helped him acquire the yachts?
4. How many yachts does he have in all?
5. How many yachts does he operate in the Gulf of Lyon?
6. Where else has he started operations?
7. How many yachts does he have in the Canary Islands?
8. Who doesn’t Ronny trust?
9. Who especially doesn’t he trust?
10. What was the original agreement between Ronny and the Turqui family?
11. In the end, what did the family do?
12. What percentage of the business did they acquire?
13. Why couldn’t Ronny do anything?
14. What is Carlo talking about now?
15. What does he want to use the capital increase for?
16. What would the total cost of the new yachts amount to?
17. What problem will Ronny have if the company increases its capital to more than 3 million dollars?
18. What does he think the Turqui family is gradually going to do?
19. Where did Nigel send a member of his company?
20. When did he send him there?
21. Does Ronny know this?
22. What did Nigel tell the detective to do?
23. Had Ronny mentioned the Turqui family to Nigel?
24. How did Nigel find out about the Corsica connection?
Ronny Perkins is concerned about his new business. Three months ago, with the help of the Turqui family from Corsica, he was able to acquire three new yachts. With these three yachts, and the one he already owned, Ronny was able to expand his business from one to two yachts in the Gulf of Lyon and to start up a new business in the Canary Islands with the other two yachts. The problem is he doesn’t trust the Turqui family, especially Giuseppe’s son, Carlo. Originally, the Turqui family was only going to give Ronny a loan to buy one yacht and to rent him two more. However, in the end, the family gave him all three yachts m exchange for 50 percent of Ronny’s company. Ronny couldn’t do anything about it because he wasn’t in a position to negotiate. In addition, Giuseppe insisted that his son, Carlo, would be the assistant manager to look after the family’s 50 percent Now Carlo is talking about increasing the capital of the company in order to buy eight new yachts to expand the business even more. The total cost of these yachts amounts to over three million dollars. Ronny, of course, doesn’t have 1.5 million dollars to maintain his 50% of the business. He sees that gradually the Turqui family is going to take over his company. He doesn’t know it, but one month ago Nigel sent a member of his private investigation agency to Monte Carlo and Corsica to look into the Turqui family and to look into Ronny’s finances as well. Even though Ronny had never mentioned the Corsica connection, a friend of Nigel’s in the London offices of Barclays Bank had heard about the business deal from the director of the Barclay operations in Monaco.