Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. What does Phillip Johnson feel like?
2. How long has Nancy been involved with Robert Redford’s house?
3. Why is she a public figure in Lincoln?
4. When was her photo published in the local newspaper?
5. Who is everyone in the office comparing Nancy to?
6. What happened in the movie «Indecent Proposal»?
7. What does Phillip think about the jokes in the office?
8. What does he like about Nancy’s new job?
9. How long will Nancy be involved in the project?
10. How often does Phillip see his wife now?
11. Why doesn’t Nancy take the weekends off?
12. Where does Nancy live?
13. Has she bought an apartment or is she renting one?
14. What has she set up in her apartment?
15. What kind of person is Robert Redford in Nancy’s opinion?
16. What kind of taste does he have for decoration?
17. Does he make most of the decisions himself or does he leave them up to Nancy?
18. What can you say about Phillip in terms of jealousy?
19. What however, is he concerned about concerning his wife working with Robert Redford?
20. How is Phillip starting to feet with regard to the daily routine at the bank in Lincoln?
21. What kind of subscription has he bought?
22. Why has he bought a subscription to the Denver Tribune?
23. How many good job offers has he seen so far?
24. How often does he talk with his wife on the phone
25. How long are their conversations?
26. What does he think about the telephone bill?
27. Why does he think all the trouble is worth it?
Phillip Johnson feels like the queen’s consort. His wife. Nancy, has only been involved with Robert Redford’s house for three weeks and she’s already a public figure in Lincoln, Nebraska. Her picture was on the front page of the local newspaper the day after the news got out. Now everyone at the bank is comparing Nancy to Demi Moore in the movie «Indecent Proposal», where Redford paid Demi Moore a million dollars to spend the night with him. Phillip doesn’t appreciate the jokes in the office, but he likes the idea of his wife earning almost a quarter of a million dollars for eight months of work. Of course, he sees her now only on Mondays and Tuesdays, the two days she takes off each week to be with the family in Lincoln. The rest of the time she lives and works in Aspen. She’s renting a small apartment there where she’s set up her design studio. She works on the weekends in Aspen because that’s the only time Robert Redford can get away from Los Angeles. Nancy finds him a delightful person to work with. He has good taste for decoration but he leaves most of the decisions up to her. Phillip isn’t, by nature, a jealous person. However, Haney is still very attractive for her age and working closely with Robert Redford would be any woman’s dream. For Phillip, the daily routine at the bank is starting to seem more and more tedious. He’s bought a six-month subscription to the Denver Tribune, but he hasn’t seen any decent job offers yet. Every night he talks with Nancy on the phone for about half an hour. The phone bill is surely going to amount to a lot of money, but it’s worth it, he supposes. There are a lot of nice things the family can do with an extra 250,000 dollars.