Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. Who was Karl Polster sitting opposite?
2. Where were they having dinner?
3. Where was the restaurant?
4. What had Karl done in his letter to Ana?
5. When had he sent it to her?
6. How did he feel in front of her?
7. What qualities did Ana possess in Karl’s eyes?
8. What impressed him even more?
9. What could one say concerning her wealth and corporate position?
10. What would one have to admit concerning her beauty?
11. What had she won among a lot of people at Mercedes Benz?
12. Why had she gamed their respect?
13. What did Kart desperately want to gain from her?
14. What was it he couldn’t keep from feeling?
15. Was Karl older than Ana?
16. How old was he?
17. How long had it been since he had had a serious relationship with a woman?
18. Who had he been engaged to seven years ago?
19. What happened to her?
20. When did the accident happen?
21. How many women had Karl had a relationship with since then?
22. What had he done to forget the loss of his fiance?
23. What was his position now at Mercedes Benz?
24. What did he realize about his devotion to his job?
25. How did this affect his behavior in front of Ana?
26. What did he tell her during the dinner?
27. What was Ana’s behavior during the dinner?
28. How did she feel with Karl?
29. What kind of person did Karl seem like to her?
30. What was his opinion about his as a person?
Karl Polster was sitting opposite Ana Barghini in a small, intimate restaurant in the center of Stuttgart. Even though he had «opened his heart» to Ana in a letter he had sent her the week before, he still felt self-conscious and unsure of himself with her. She was rich, beautiful, and the general manager of the second largest car seat manufacturer in Europe. What impressed him even more was that she was only 27. Of course, one could say that her wealth and corporate position were the result of having a rich father who owned a company. However, her beauty was hers and hers only, and she had already won the respect of a lot of people at Mercedes Benz thanks to her keen business sense. Karl wanted so much to gain her affection that he couldn’t keep from feeling nervous. He was 34 years old and hadn’t had a serious relationship with a woman since he was 27. At that time, he was engaged to a girl from Hannover, but two months before they were supposed to be married, she died in a traffic accident. Since then, Karl had tried to forget the loss by devoting himself totally to his job at Mercedes Benz. He had moved up the ranks in the company and was now the General Purchasing Director. He realized that his devotion to work had changed his personality’ and made him a more serious person. That’s why he was having trouble now relating with Ana in a fun, natural way. During the dinner, he told her about the tragic events of seven years before, and how he had thrown himself into his work at the company. Ana said very little during most of the meal. However, she felt comfortable and at ease. Karl seemed like a sad person who was trying his best to be a pleasant host. He seemed sincere and she could see that he had a broad culture.