Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. What has Nigel just formed?
2. What‘s the name of the company?
3. What does A.M.Y. stand for?
4. When did the new company start its activities?
5. Why hasn’t it started yet?
6. Why has Nigel sent Paul Schwartz to Corsica?
7. What is Paul Schwartz authorized to offer the family?
8. What percentage of the company does the Turqui family own?
9. Why is Nigel sure the Turqui family will sell out?
10. What’s the real reason for Nigel buying out the Turqui family’s interest in the company?
11. What is Ronny’s opinion of his father’s actions?
12. When does Nigel intend to tell his son?
13. Whose help has Nigel hired?
14. When will these two men contact Ronny?
15. What will they inform Ronny of?
16. Who will they make no mention of?
17. In what position will Ronny stay on?
18. Who else will join the organization?
19. What will Paul Schwartz be in charge of?
20. How much money will Nigel invest in organizing and staffing the new company?
21. Will he do this openly or from behind the scenes?
22. What does he think will eventually happen concerning Ronny?
23. How will the company be running by the time Ronny finds out that his father is behind everything?
Nigel Perkins has just formed a new company called Limited». The initials stand for «Atlantic and Mediterranean Yachting». The company hasn’t started its activity yet because it doesn’t own a single yacht. However, Nigel has sent Paul Schwartz to Corsica to buy out die shares that the Turqui family owns in the company that his son, Ronny, is trying to control. Paul Schwartz is authorized to offer the Turqui family four million dollars for their 50% of the company. Nigel’s sure they 11 sell out as it would represent a two million-dollar profit for the family. They would have to be crazy to turn it down. This way, Nigel can get Ronny out of what could possibly end up being a dangerous business relationship. His son doesn’t know anything yet and Nigel doesn’t intend to mention anything until he feels it’s appropriate. In the meantime, he’s hired the help of two wealthy friends of his who are members of the British Yachting Association. They will contact Ronny in a couple of weeks to inform him of their purchase of the Turqui shares. They will make no mention of Nigel Perkins.
Ronny will stay on as managing director of the company and Paul Schwartz will join the organization as operations manager. Besides the four million dollars Nigel plans to pay the Turqui family to get them out of the way, he’ll probably spend another million organizing and staffing the new company. He’ll do everything from behind the scenes. He’s sure that Ronny will eventually figure out who’s behind the new partner, but by that time, the company should be running efficiently.