Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. What has Paula just settled back into?
2. How long has she been away?
3. Where did she spend the first two weeks?
4. Where did she spend the final week?
5. Who was she with in the Canary Islands?
6. Did she drive or fly from Munich to Heidelberg?
7. Who did she keep thinking about as she was driving to Heidelberg?
8. Who was Tom Sanders?
9. Where had he invited her?
10. Did she accept or turn down the invitation?
11. Did she turn it down before or after Christmas?
12. What had she seen him doing since then?
13. Why was she glad it was Christmas time?
14. What was her psychological state when she got back to Heidelberg last night?
15. What was she wondering?
16. What was the first thing her flatmates told her when she got back?
17. Who had caught Tom Sanders?
18. Where was he now?
19. What had they caught him doing?
20. Where had Tom’s picture appeared?
21. Who did the Heidelberg police contact when they arrested Tom?
22. What did the police learn about Tom in California?
23. What had happened to Tom in California?
24. Why had he been arrested?
25. Where had he harassed female students?
26. How was he considered by the California police?
27. What was Paula’s reaction to all this news?
28. How many hours had she spent m Tom’s apartment?
29. What kind of person did Tom seem like to Paula at first?
30. What did she begin to see in Tom as time went on?
31. What was Paula glad about concerning Christmas?
32. What was she glad about concerning the Heidelberg police?
Paula Eisenbach has just settled back into her flat in Heidelberg. She’s been away for three weeks during the Christmas break from the university. She spent two weeks in the Canary Islands with her parents and one week at her home in Munich. As she was driving up to Heidelberg from Munich, She kept thinking about Tom Sanders, the American boy she had worked with on the Disney drawings. She had turned down an invitation of his to visit California and since then, she had seen him following her around the university campus. She had been glad to get away from Heidelberg for the Christmas holidays, but when she got back last night, she was worried, wondering if he would start following her again. However, when she got to the flat, the first thing her flatmates told her was that Tom Sanders was in jail. The police had caught him looking in the windows at one of the girl’s dormitories next to the Heidelberg campus. Paula’s flatmates went on to tell her that Tom’s picture had appeared, with an article, on the front page of the Heidelberg newspaper. When the police took him in, they contacted the U.S. consulate and learned that Tom Sanders had a criminal record in California. He had been arrested several times for harassing female students at San Diego State University. He was considered dangerous. Paula couldn’t believe her ears. She had spent probably one hundred hours with Tom in his apartment. He seemed like such a nice boy at first, but later she began to see a few strange things in his character. It’s a good thing the Christmas break arrived in time. It’s a good thing too that the police had caught him because otherwise she might have had a bad experience.