Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. What problem does Nancy have with the curtains?
2. What room are the curtains for?
3. How long has she been decorating Robert Redford’s horse?
4. Is the problem with the curtains making her depressed?
5. How is she feeling these days?
6. What are the main activities she does concerning the house?
7. Who has she been seeing more often lately?
8. Why has Redford had more time to fly to Colorado?
9. Why hasn’t Nancy gone back to Nebraska this week?
10. How did Phillip sound on the phone when Nancy told him she needed to stay in Colorado?
11. Why didn’t Phillip insist that she come back?
12. Did he decide it was worth it or not?
13. What were Nancy’s feelings concerning the money she would earn on the project?
14. Why didn’t she care about the money?
15. Where did Redford invite her last night?
16. Flow long did they stay in the restaurant?
17. What did they talk about?
18. What did Redford tell her at the end of the dinner7
19. What did they do after dinner?
20. What time did Nancy get back to her apartment?
21. What was waiting for her when she got back?
22. Who was the message from?
23. How did he sound on the phone?
24. What time had he left the message?
25. What did he say he was wondering?
26. What did Nancy think about after listening to the message?
27. What decision did she make about returning Phillip’s call?
28. Why did she decide to call him in the morning?
29. What did she remember about tomorrow morning?
30. What did she think she had better do?
31. What did she know she wouldn’t be able to do?
32. Why did she know she wouldn’t be able to go to sleep?
Nancy Johnson can’t find the kind of curtains she wants for Robert Redford’s bedroom. She’s been working on the decoration of his house for over five months now, and despite die problem with the curtains, she’s never felt better in her life. She works non-stop from Wednesday through Sunday in Aspen, studying the house, drawing designs, calling her client, Mr. Redford, and dealing with all kinds of suppliers of materials and furniture. Lately she’s been seeing Robert Redford more often. He’s not involved right now in the filming of a movie and he has a bit more time to fly out to Colorado to supervise the progress on the house. This week, she hasn’t gone back as usual to Nebraska because Robert is there to help her choose the right colors for his bedroom. Phillip sounded a bit irritated on the phone when she told him she would be staying in Aspen, but as always, he thought about all the money they were earning on the project and decided it was worth it. Nancy didn’t really care about the money. She was having the time of her life. Last night, Robert invited her out to dinner in Aspen and they talked for at least two hours about their lives. At the end of the dinner, he told her he wasn’t convinced about the color of the curtains she had installed in his bedroom and they went back to look at them. When Nancy returned to her apartment at 2:00 in the morning, there was a message from Phillip. He sounded somewhat sad on the phone. He said it was 1:00 o’clock in the morning and that he was wondering where she was. She thought about Phillip for a few seconds and then wondered how the kids were getting along at school. She decided it would be better to call him the next morning than to wake him up now. Then she remembered that she had an appointment in the morning at 9:00 o’clock with a carpet supplier. She thought she had better go to bed and get some sleep. However, she knew she wouldn’t be able to go to sleep. She was feeling too excited.