Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. What are Ana and Karl doing right now?
2. What are they coming back from?
3. Where did they spend their honeymoon?
4. How long did their honeymoon last?
5. Why did they decide to take only one week off?
6. How long ago did they decide to get married?
7. Whose decision was it really?
8. What were Karl’s feelings for Ana?
9. How long had Karl been crazy about Ana?
10. What were Ana’s feelings at the beginning?
11. Why was she hesitant at first?
12. What was Ana’s opinion of Karl’s intelligence?
13. What subjects could he talk in-depth about?
14. What was Ana’s opinion of Karl’s character?
15. Had she met many men like him?
16. How did Ana soon feel toward Karl?
17. What did Karl do when they announced the wedding?
18. What new position did he create for himself?
19. Where would he live in this new position?
20. What would he make sure of?
21. What would he and Ana decide on later?
22. What is Roberto’s situation in Andersen Consulting?
23. What do Luigi and Karl think about Roberto’s interest in working in the family company?
24. What position will he hold in the company for sure?
Ana Barghini and Kari Polster are flying back to Milan from Athens. They’re coming back from a one-week honeymoon to the Greek island of Santorini. Both Ana and Karl decided to take a short honeymoon because in less than a month, Ana’s company will begin supplying car seats to Mercedes Benz. Karl is involved in the project as well, so neither one of them can afford to take too much time off right now. It was only a month ago that they decided to get married. Really, it was Ana’s decision, because Karl was crazy about her from the first day he met her. Ana wasn’t sure at the beginning. She knew that a lot of men were interested in her, but she always suspected that they were interested in her estate too. Karl was one of the most intelligent men she had met. He could talk in-depth about subjects far beyond business. He was also the most sincere and considerate man she had ever met. He was clearly in love with her and she soon felt a strong affection for him too. When they announced their wedding, Karl resigned from his position as general purchasing manager at Mercedes Benz and created for himself a new position called “Supply Coordinator”. He would live in Verona with Ana and make sure that the business between Verona and Stuttgart was smooth and efficient. Later, he and Ana would decide whether Karl should continue in the Mercedes organization or stay permanently in Verona helping Ana run the family business. His new brother-in-law, Roberto, had just been promoted to the status of “Partner” in Andersen Consulting. He’s the youngest Partner in the history of the company. Karl, and his father-in-law, Luigi, are sure that Roberto will probably remain outside of the family company, although he will always be a member of the Board of Directors.