Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. How old is Pierre Monet?
2. Does be live in Paris or London?
3. Where does he live in Paris?
4. Is he married or single?
5. How many children does he have?
6. How many of his children live at home?
7. Where does his son, Gerard, live?
8. Is the residence near or far from the Sorbonne?
9. What does Gerard study at the Sorbonne?
10. Does Pierre work m a company?
11. Is lie a civil servant or a politician?
12. What ministry does he work in?
13. What department does he work in?
14. Where is the Foreign Ministry?
15. Does Pierre drive to work every day?
16. How does he go to work?
17. Does it take him two hours to go to work?
18. How long does it take him?
19. How long does it take him to go back home?
20. What time does he leave home in the morning?
21. What time does he get to the ministry?
22. What does he have waiting for him at the office?
23. What kind of area is he responsible for?
24. What kind of documents does he translate?
25. What languages does he speak fluently?
26. Why does he speak Spanish fluently?
27. Why does he speak English fluently?
28. Is Pierre an expert translator?
29. Does he usually translate documents in writing?
30. How does he translate them?
31. Later, does Pierre transcribe the recordings?
32. Who transcribes them?
33. Why does Pierre use this method of translation?
34. Does Pierre often finish work late?
35. Does he usually finish late or early?
36. What time does he usually go home?
37. Does he have lunch in the dining hall at the ministry?
38. Why doesn’t he have lunch in the dining hall?
39. What time does he eat his sandwich?
40. Why does he prefer to work without interruptions?
41. What does he start when he gets home?
42. What is his second job?
43. How does he translate at home?
44. What’s his wife’s name?
45. What does she do with her husband’s recordings?
46. When does she do this?
47. How does she send the translations to the clients?
48. What kind of salary does Pierre have at the ministry?
49. How much does he earn at home?
50. Why does he need more money?
Pierre Monet is 45 years old and lives in the suburbs of Fans. He is married and has three children. All of his children live at home except Gerard, who lives in a student residence not far from the Sorbonne, where he studies Architecture. Pierre is a civil servant. He works in the translation and interpretation department of the Foreign Ministry in the center of Paris. Every day he goes by train and subway from his house outside of Paris to the ministry. It takes him almost an hour to go and about 45 minutes to come back in the afternoon. He leaves home at 7:00 and gets to the ministry just before 8:00. When he gets to his office, he always has a lot of letters and documents waiting for him He is responsible for a very special area of department. He decodes and translates all secret documents that come in English and Spanish. He speaks and writes both languages fluently. His wife is Spanish and his mother is English. Pierre is an expert translator. He usually doesn’t translate documents in writing. He dictates the translation verbally directly into a microphone. Later, a secretary transcribes the recording onto paper. This way, Pierre translates very quickly and finishes his work early. He usually goes home around 4:00 p.m. He doesn’t have lunch in the dining hall of the ministry. He takes a sandwich to work every day and eats it at 12:00 o’clock sharp. He prefers to continue his work without interruptions in order to go home as soon as possible. When he gets home, he starts his second job. He is a free-lance translator and he dictates his translations into his own microphone. The same evening, or the next morning, his wife, Anne-Marie, enters the recording into a computer and sends it by e-mail to Pierre’s clients. Pierre has a good salary at the ministry, but he earns double at home. He needs the money because his three children are very intelligent and all of them want to go to the university.