Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. How does Paula Eisenbach feel today?
2. Who did she speak to yesterday?
3. What did she tell him that she had decided?
4. Was Tom relieved?
5. How did he react?
6. Did they discuss the matter calmly or did they argue?
7. What did Paula anally tell Tom?
8. What did she say exactly?
9. When Tom got angry, what did he tell her?
10. Was this a surprise for Paula? Why not?
11. How long had she been helping him?
11 What had she be conic convinced of?
13. What kind of artist was Tom in Paula’s opinion?
14. Was he introverted or extroverted?
15. What, in Paula’s opinion, was his problem regarding people?
16. Who did Paula call last night?
17. What did she tell them?
18. How did her mother react?
19. What did her father tell her?
20. What did they say they were thinking about?
21. What did they ask her?
22. How did Paula react to the invitation?
23. What was she tired of?
24. What was her feeling about spending a few days in the Canary Islands?
Paula Eisenbach feels relieved today. Yesterday, she told her friend, Tom Sanders, that she had decided not to go the California with him during die Christmas holidays. Tom was very upset and they had a long argument. Finally, Paula had to tell him the truth. She told him that she enjoyed working with him and that she had learned a lot. Then she told him that she wasn’t ready to have a deeper relationship. Tom got angry and told her that he didn’t want her to help him anymore with the Disney drawings. Paula knew he would react that way. She had been helping him for almost two months and she was becoming more and more convinced that Tom wasn’t a stable person. He was a brilliant artist but he was very introverted. He didn’t know how to respond to people in a natural way. Last night, Paula called her parents in Munich and told them her decision. Her mother was relieved and her father told her that she had made the right decision. They told her they were thinking about spending a week in the Canary Islands during the Christmas holidays and asked her if she would like to go. Paula jumped at the opportunity. She was tired of the cold weather in Heidelberg. A few days in the Canary Islands would be the perfect remedy.