Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. Where does Ronny Perkins live?
2. Does he live in a flat or in a house1
3. Does he live in a cheap flat?
4. What can you say about the price of the rent?
5. Why can’t Ronny become independent from his father?
6. Why does he need a lot of money?
7. Does Ronny own a yacht?
8. Where did he get the money to buy the yacht?
9. Did his father give him the money or lend it to him?
10. When does he rent the yacht to people?
11. Why does he rent it only during certain months?
12. Where do the people cruise on the yacht?
13. How much money does Ronny cam in the summer?
14. When does he usually run out of money?
15. What does he spend his money on?
16. What is he well known in Monte Carlo for?
17. What don’t the people in Monte Carlo let him do?
18. What is Nigel’s attitude concerning his son?
19. How old is Ronny?
20. What does Nigel think about Ronny’s professional path?
21. What is Ronny doing regarding a rich family?
22. Where is this family from?
23. What does Ronny want to do with the four yachts?
24. Why does he want to locate two of the yachts in the Canary Islands?
25. What is Ronny worried about?
26. What has he heard about the family?
27. How much money has Giuseppe Turqui lent him?
28. What will Mr. Turqui rent to him?
29. What does Nigel know about his son’s new business?
30. How long has Ronny been preparing this business?
Ronny Perkins: Ronny Perkins lives in Monte Carlo in a flat that costs more money to rent than he earns. Although he would love to be independent from his father, Nigel Perkins, he always ends up having to ask him for money to maintain the standard of living that he likes. Ronny owns a yacht that he bought two years ago with money his father lent him. During the summer months, when the weather is nice, he rents his yacht to people who want to cruise around the Gulf of Lyon, all the way to the Balearic Islands. Ronny makes quite a bit of money during the summer, but by Christmas, he has usually spent all of it on fine dinners and lots of drinks. He’s well-known around Monte Carlo as a kind of playboy but no one lets him buy on credit. Nigel doesn’t know what to do with the boy. He’s already 30 years old and he doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. Ronny, however, has his own ideas. He’s trying to convince a rich family in Corsica to buy him four yachts, two for the Gulf of Lyon and two for the Canary Islands, where it’s summer time all year round. The only problem Ronny sees in the deal is that the family from Corsica has a lot of strange businesses. Some rumors say that the family has connections with the Mafia. The head of the family, Giuseppe Turqui, has agreed to lend Ronny $400,000 to buy a yacht and will rent him two other yachts diat belong to the family. Ronny hasn’t told Nigel anything about the business deal, which he’s been working on for over eight months.