Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. What was Li Tong thinking last night about doing?
2. How many classes had he already attended?
3. What couldn’t he still understand?
4. How did he feel in class?
5. Why did he feel embarrassed?
6. What kind of impression did he have?
7. Thanks to whom did he change his mind?
8. Who did he talk to at home about giving up the classes?
9. Who heard him tell his wife this?
10. What was his daughter doing when she heard her father talking to his wife?
11. Where was she doing her homework?
12. What did she do when she heard her father?
13. What did she show him?
14. What did they study together?
15. What kind of child had Li always thought his daughter was?
16. What was he sure about now?
17. What did his daughter explain to him?
18. What kind of questions did she ask him?
19. How aid Li react to his daughter’s actions?
20. How old was his daughter?
21. What was his opinion of her as a teacher?
22. How long did they practice die first two chapters?
23. What resolution did Li make?
24. When did he make this resolution?
Li Tong was thinking last night about giving up the idea of learning English. He had already attended six classes and he still couldn’t understand a word the teacher was saying. He felt embarrassed in class because most of the students seemed to be progressing quite well. He had the impression that he was holding back the class. However, thanks to his daughter, he changed his mind before going to bed. It turns out that when he told his wife that he was thinking about giving up, his daughter was doing her homework at the kitchen table. When she heard her father say this, she got up and told him that English was easy. She showed him her English book and, together, they studied the first two chapters. Li had always thought that his daughter was a gifted child and now he was sure of it. She explained to him how to conjugate the verb ’’to be” in the singular and the plural and in the first, second, and third person. Then she asked him questions using the form. Li was impressed. His daughter was only eight years old and she was teaching English better than his English teacher. They practiced the structures in the first two chapters for over 30 minutes. That night when he went to bed, Li made a resolution to continue studying the language and to make a stronger effort to understand what the teacher and the other students were saying in class.