Прослушайте аудио, в котором в естественном темпе прозвучит текст, озвученный два раза разными носителями языка. Постарайтесь детально понять высказывание и ответить на нижеследующие вопросы.
1. What happened to Michael three weeks ago?
2. Where is he studying now?
3. What is High School?
4. What is High School in some states in the U.S.?
5. Is Michael in a 3-year or a 4-vear high school?
6. How does he compare to the other students in age?
7. What do most of the students seem like to Michael?
8. How many basketball teams does the school have?
9. Which team has Michael started practicing with?
10. What can you say about Michael’s height?
11. How tall is he?
12. How many games did the high school coach see Michael play in last year?
13. Was Michael in high school or in middle school last year?
14. Did the coach see Michael in the state finals?
15. Describe Michael’s performance in the state finals.
16. Why does the coach think Michael might be able to play on the senior team?
17. What does he think about Michael’s future ability to play basketball when he’s a little older?
18. Why does he think Michael could be one of the best in the nation?
19. Who is Dennis Fletcher?
20. Besides Dennis Fletcher, how many other boys are competing for the position of point guard?
21. How does Michael compare to two of the boys?
22. What is Dennis Fletcher’s strongest point?
23. What was Dennis Fletcher’s game point average last year?
24. Did he play on the junior team or on the senior team?
25. Where does Michael think he’s better than Dennis Fletcher?
26. What does Michael think the coach might do with Dennis Fletcher?
27. What decision has the coach made?
28. What will the coach do if Michael ends up having problems adapting?
Michael Johnson turned 15 three weeks ago. He is now in his first year of high school. High school is where students do the last four years of secondary education before going to the university. In some states in the U.S., it’s the last three years of secondary education. Michael, however, is in a 4-year high school and is one the youngest in the school. Most of the students seem a lot older and more mature than him. The school has two basketball teams, a junior team and a senior team. The basketball coach has started Michael practicing with the senior team despite his age. Michael’s height is not a problem. He’s one meter, 81 centimeters tall. The coach saw Michael play in three games last year when the boy was in middle school, including the state finals where he scored 34 points and held Ricky Tanner to only 12. He was so impressed that he thinks Michael might be able to play on the senior team. He’s sure that by the time Michael turns 17, he could potentially become one of the best high school basketball players in the nation. He’s never seen a boy so good in every aspect of the game. Right now, Michael is competing with three older boys for the position of point guard. He’s definitely better than two of them, but the third, Dennis Fletcher, is an excellent shot. He never misses a basket. Last year he scored an average of 18 points a game on the senior team. Michael, however, is much faster than Dennis Fletcher and probably much better on defense. Maybe the coach could move Dennis Fletcher to another position. What Michael doesn’t know is that the coach has already made die decision to start Dennis Fletcher in the first two games and to send in Michael in the second half. If Michael has any problems playing at the senior level, then the coach will move him down to the junior team for this season.